The University is located just minutes from I-24 atop the Cumberland Plateau between Nashville (1.5 hours from campus) and Chattanooga (45 minutes from campus), in Sewanee, Tennessee.
Don’t forget: Sewanee is on Central Standard Time (CST).
Private planes can land at Sewanee Airport, less than a mile from campus. The airport is open seven days a week, and a courtesy car to campus is available. For information: (931) 598-1910
Transportation is available between the Atlanta airport (ATL), Chattanooga, Monteagle, and the Nashville airport via Groome Transportation (800) 896-9928. The Groome Transportation stop in Monteagle is at the Smoke House. There are no taxis in Sewanee so you will have to arrange transportation from the Smoke House into town (a five-minute drive but not walkable).
Chattanooga Coach is a shuttle service that runs out of Chattanooga and comes to campus: (423) 855-9171 or (866) 536-7433.
Area Auto Rental
- South Pittsburg — Moss Motors (423) 837-7114
- Winchester — Russell Barnett Auto Sales and Rental (931) 962-4088.
- Sewanee Inn, (931) 598-1686
- Rebel’s Rest, (931) 598-1686
Monteagle (5 miles from Campus)
- Adams Edgeworth Inn, (931) 924-4000
- American Eagle Inn, (931) 924-8880
- Best Western Smoke House Lodge, (931) 924-2091
- DuBose Conference Center, (800) 537-9968
- Monteagle Inn Bed & Breakfast, (931) 924-3869
- Northgate Lodge, in the Monteagle Assembly, (931) 924-2799
- Day’s Inn, (931) 924-2900
Cowan (6 miles from Campus)
- Franklin-Pearson House, (931) 962-3223